Alternative Spring Break 2013
UMSI Alternative Spring Break (ASB) creates the opportunity for students to engage in a service-oriented integrative learning experience; connects public sector organizations to the knowledge and abilities of students through a social impact project; and facilitates and enhances the relationship between the School and the greater community.
ASB 2013 runs from Monday, March 4 through Friday, March 8, 2013.
ASB challenges students to...
- Bring impact to the community through service to an organization and its constituents
- Develop professional skills through the connection of information concepts and practices in an immersive, experiential project
- Build a foundation to become a socially-engaged information professional
ASB student participants are placed in non-profit, cultural, governmental, and K12 educational institutions in Chicago, Detroit, New York City, and Washington D.C.
Organizations can register to participate and submit projects from November 1, 2012 through December 21, 2012.
The student application period opens Friday, December 13, 2012 and closes on Friday, January 4, 2013.
Use the links below for more information:
- ASB information for students (including link to application)
- ASB information for organizations
- ASB contacts
- Support ASB